Celebrating 20 Years of Mozilla at Ranchi
Venue CCD , Inside Hotel Capitol Hill, MG Road
- The Mozilla Project launched at Netscape on March 31, 1998, to offer choice to users and drive innovation on the Web.
- Proudly non-profit, Mozilla makes products like Firefox with a mission to keep the power of the Web in the hands of users everywhere.
- More than 10,000 contributors expressed their support for our mission by paying for a full-page ad in The New York Times on the day Firefox 1.0 launched in 2004.
- Today Mozilla has contributors on every continent, including Antarctica (where Firefox is used by 80% of people).
- Firefox Add-Ons allow you to customize and take control of your Web experience. Nearly 4 billion of them have been downloaded by users so far.
- Mozilla is leading the way in online privacy with browser innovations like Do Not Track and Lightbeam that give users greater control of their personal data.
- Our global community has helped translate Firefox into over 70 languages, making the browser available to more than 90% of the world's population.
- In 2008, 8,002,530 people chose Firefox in a single day to set a Guinness World Record for “Most Downloads of a Software Application in 24 Hours.”
- The Mozilla Festival is our largest annual event, bringing together hundreds of creative minds to realize the full power and potential of the Web.
- Mozilla Webmaker works to create a more Web-literate planet, providing tools and projects to help people take greater control of their online lives.