Phoenix Techfest & Carnival 2014
Category Addons, Apps, Campus, Coding, Creative, Developer Documentation, Developer Tools, Firefox Mobile, Firefox OS, Localization, Marketing, Mozilla Leadership Network, People, Recruiting, User Engagement, User Support
Description PHOENIX 2014 which is scheduled to be held on 22nd to 25th February, 2014. Being an inter-college fest of national level, it provides a huge platform for budding engineers and creative talents across the country. Phoenix usually features various events based on different engineering branches as well as based on pure sciences. It was also comprises of many non-technical events meant to promote the creativity inside people. The fest cum carnival is open to any student from any institute.
Venue Future Institute of Engineering and Management, Sonarpur Station Rd, Sonarpur
Region West Bengal
- Brief Introduction to Mozilla
- Mozilla products at a glance
- Brief on Webmakers (Thimble, X-Ray Goggles, Popcorn)
- Brief on Platform products (Firefox, Thunderbird, B2G)
- Brief on supporting projects (Addons, Devtools, Persona, Marketplace)
- What-Can-I-Do-For-Mozilla (Q/A)
- Hands on to WebMaker tools
- Hands on Building Your Own Firefox
- Demo of FirefoxOS (with How-To's)
- Hands on Firefox Devtools, Persona Login & Addons/Webapps
- Introduction to MDN.
- Hands-on session on MDN development / Document Sprint
- Introduction to Firefox OS.
- Developing Web-Apps [Hands-on session].
- App Demos
Instructions for participants:-
If you are willing to be a part of the MDN (Mozilla Developer's Network) Documentation Sprint and Code Sprint, we suggest you to please go through the following checklist before the event :
If you are willing to be a part of the MDN Doc Sprint, please make sure to create an account on http://developer.mozilla.org/ before the commencement of the session.
If you are planning to join the MDN Code Sprint, please go through the following: http://kuma.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installation.html. This will help you understand Kuma and its installation process in general. Using Linux for this session is preferable, else please make sure to download the vagrant box and keep your environment ready for Kuma installation on windows.