Privacy Month with Mozilla #2
Category Advocacy and policy
Hashtag #privacymonth #advocate4privacy #Tip_of_the_Day
Description This campaign is divided into 2 parts: 1- Online campaign is to provide a privacy tip a day that an average user could complete in 10 minutes or less. Tips will be shared through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter. 2- Offline Event aims to make users and makers of the web care, learn, teach and share about Online Privacy. Also we want to empower the users of the web to protect their privacy and control their digital footprint.
Venue Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport
Region Al Iskandariyah
The goal of the online campaign is to provide a privacy tip a day that an average user could complete in 10 minutes or less. Ideally, the tip would be in the form of a short video, but could be in another format. Tips will be shared through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Learn and share your thoughts about current trends and future issues for privacy and the steps we we can take today against privacy infringements.
The day will be as the following:
- Intro to Mozilla and its products 20 minutes
- What is Firefox for Web and Firefox for Android 20 minutes
- What is online privacy and what is its importance 15 minutes
- Why should we care ? 20 minutes
- how you can be secure on the internet ? 15 minutes
- Lightbeam install and use 10 minutes
- How to turn do not track option and private browsing 10 minutes
- Installing add-ons and check how it works 10 minutes