Software Freedom Day 2015
Description Software Freedom Day (SFD) is an annual worldwide celebration of Free Software. SFD is a public education effort with the aim of increasing awareness of Free Software and its virtues, and encouraging its use. SFD is celebrated in Mumbai since many years and by each year, the scale, awareness and participation from both FOSS communities and developers is progressing exponentially. Visit http://www.sfd.org.in and planning pad for more details
Country or Region India
Register here www.sfd.org.in/register now to attend, registration & entry is free.
Our vision is to empower all people to freely connect, create and share in a digital world that is participatory, transparent, and sustainable.
1) To celebrate software freedom and the people behind it
2) To foster a general understanding of software freedom, and encourage adoption of free software and open standards
3) To create more equal access to opportunities through the use of participatory technologies
4) To promote constructive dialogue on responsibilities and rights in the information society
5) To be inclusive of organizations and individuals that share our Vision
6) To be pragmatic, transparent, and responsible as an organisation